• Grad Bash is this Friday night April 16, 2014

Proud to be a prisoner

Proud to be a prisoner

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
April 13, 2012
Filed under Opinions

Nowadays, the color combination of black and orange can only mean one of two things: either it’s Halloween, or someone just suffered a losing battle with the local district attorney.  Some might be surprised that the latter definition is openly compared to the IB program at PHUHS. The IB program... Read More »

Big changes for season two of American Horror Story

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
January 30, 2012
Filed under Opinions

What’s next for the Harmon family?  Is Tate and Vivien’s son really the Anti-Christ? Will Violet ever take Tate back?  In the season one finale of American Horror Story on Dec. 21, fans were waiting for these, and many more, questions to be answered, but co-creators Ryan Murphy... Read More »

I’m Rick Perry, and I approve this message

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
January 4, 2012
Filed under Opinions

“There’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids can’t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school,” presidential GOP candidate Rick Perry said in his campaign ad “Strong” that was released on Dec. 7.  Perry goes on to say that if elected... Read More »

Geek gift ideas

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
December 12, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

Searching for the perfect gift for the perfect geek in your life?  Here are some cheap, unique gift ideas for every type of geek. Math Geek: If you’re looking for a gift for a math geek who has trouble waking up in the morning, the Twist Equation Alarm Clock is the perfect fit.  In order to shut... Read More »

Doctor Who Confidential canceled

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
October 28, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

As the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) is facing budget cuts of up to 20%, many shows are being cut from the variety of BBC channels in the UK – this includes the beloved Doctor Who Confidential. Doctor Who Confidential was a documentary series created by the BBC - a behind-the-scenes... Read More »

Got a minute-Maria Dones

Got a minute-Maria Dones

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
October 3, 2011
Filed under Features

1. If the grass could be made of anything, what would you want it to be made of? Gummy Bears 2. If the sky could be any color, what color would you want it to be? Purple, Neon Purple 3. If there was a movie being made about you, who would you want to play you? Mila Kunis, because I love... Read More »

Rays win in their greatest comeback yet

Rays win in their greatest comeback yet

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
September 30, 2011
Filed under Sports

Two balls, two strikes, one out.  Tampa Bay Rays’ third baseman Evan Longoria steps up to the plate against New York Yankees pitcher Scott Proctor.  He swings, he connects, and it’s a line drive over the short wall in the left field corner at Tropicana Field.  Longoria scores the final run giving... Read More »

Music through the decades

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
September 28, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

Each year during Homecoming Week, PHUHS undergoes a flashback to the 20th century with Decades Day.  Each class is assigned a decade to represent as follows; Freshman dress from the 1950s, Sophomores from the 1960s, Juniors from the 1970s, and Seniors from the 1980s.  Decades Day usually... Read More »

ABS: Alternative Bell Schedule

Rebecca Raymond, Layout Editor
September 27, 2011
Filed under News

Previously here at PHUHS, the disciplinary system was as follows: detention, in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, and lastly, expulsion.  This year, the administration hopes to add an intermediate disciplinary action prior to an out-of-school suspension.  Although the program is still awaiting... Read More »