Senior Breakfast

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
June 6, 2012
Filed under Multimedia

Seniors partake in Senior Breakfast, which occurred May 22nd. During this celebration, keynote speakers gave speeches, senior superlatives were given, a slideshow containing pictures of the seniors was displayed, and of course, breakfast was served.

Tips to succeed on your IB exams

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
April 19, 2012
Filed under Opinions

Although you might be starting to feel senioritis in your veins, these next few weeks are critical as to how well you do on your IB exams. I am giving you some tips to do well on your exams. 1. Plan ahead Give yourself a layout of what you are going to study every day. Make sure you take heed as... Read More »

A heart-warming splash

A heart-warming splash

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
March 2, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Big Miracle is a movie based on a true story. In the movie, aspiring TV reporter Adam Carlson (played by John Krasinski), while filming his last story, discovers three whales trapped in a patch of water. The story goes viral;  it seems as if everyone in Northern America knows about the whales... Read More »

Cause for ceremonials

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
February 1, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

This Valentine’s Day treat yourself to the gift of wonderful music: Florence + the Machine’s new album Ceremonials. I am not the only one in the world who praises Ceremonials; Time Magazine named it the second best album of 2011. Florence + the Machine is comprised... Read More »

Yummy in your tummy

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
January 24, 2012
Filed under Features

How to make pan de jamon, a Venezuelan delicacy! Ingredients: 3/4 cup of warm milk 1/4 cup of melted butter 4 cups of flour 1/4 cup of sugar 1 teaspoon of salt 3 eggs Ham Raisins Bacon About... Read More »

Troupe 5590 acts the night away

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
January 4, 2012
Filed under Clubs and Organizations

The District IV festival occurred from Thursday, Dec. 8 to Saturday, Dec. 10.  Palm Harbor University High School’s own Thespian Troupe 5590 did an outstanding job once again. Listed below are the awards given to students from the troupe. Wiley and the Hairy Man, a One Act, was chosen to go to... Read More »

I’m-a tell you one more time

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
December 12, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

Here is a continuation of the Under the Mistletoe critique. The following songs are from Justin Bieber's deluxe version of Under the Mistletoe. 12. “Christmas Love” - It’s February Justin, please just accept that she’s not coming for her Christmas Kiss under the mistletoe. 13.... Read More »

A walk to remember

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
November 15, 2011
Filed under Sports

Many ventured to the Tampa Bay area from Oct. 28to Oct. 30 to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk. Participants walked 60 miles in three days to help raise money for breast cancer research and patient support programs. Christen Tonry was among these partakers. “I have participated... Read More »

New Girl, new show, new laughs

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
November 8, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

A girl, disarrayed by catching her boyfriend initiating in naughty acts with another female, moves into an apartment shared by three men she met online. The storyline of New Girl is fantastic – so much can be done with it. In fact, I feel as though the show can push boundaries even further. Building... Read More »

Oreo balls, good for any season

Oreo balls, good for any season

Phaedra Brady, Staff reporter
October 26, 2011
Filed under Features

Ingredients: 1 package of Oreo cookies 1 package of cream cheese 1 package of chocolate chip cookies Materials you will need: Two plastic bags A Rolling pin Baking sheet (or something to place the oreo balls on top of) A mixing bowl Directions: 1.) Put 9 Oreos into a plastic bag and the... Read More »

Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful flick

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
October 3, 2011
Filed under Opinions

Lion King 3-D, in a nutshell, revived my childhood as I sang along with Simba, cried with him too, and cheered when he won the fight with Scar… in slow motion. I noticed many innuendos that the general children’s audience may not pick up; “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” with Nala... Read More »

Got a minute – Darcy Forest

Got a minute – Darcy Forest

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
October 3, 2011
Filed under Features

What Celebrity hottie would you marry and why? Natalie Portman cause she’s beautiful, educated, and a good actress. Worst experience in a restaurant? I had horrible, cold, and raw octopus which I switched for a hamburger that was also not cooked. What... Read More »

PHUHS students plank around

Phaedra Brady, Staff Reporter
September 28, 2011
Filed under Entertainment

Students plank around campus, during school sporting events, and during family vacations. Planking is defined as being as stiff as a plank of wood, with both arms straight by your side. Planking has become an internet sensation, filling up Facebook newsfeeds. Photo credits: Gabrielle Calise, Quentin... Read More »