• Grad Bash is this Friday night April 16, 2014

A ceremony of light

A ceremony of light

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
January 18, 2012
Filed under News

The candles shone brighter than any city on Earth. On Monday, Jan. 9, over 200 family members, friends, teammates, and teachers gathered at Kapok Park in Safety Harbor to mourn over the loss of Palm Harbor alumnus, Logan Kushner.Loved ones reminisced as they placed... Read More »

Santa’s not the only good guy

Santa’s not the only good guy

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
January 4, 2012
Filed under Clubs and Organizations

Every year the Health Occupations Students of America club (HOSA) participates in a philanthropy act with The Kimberly Home. The Kimberly Home is a non-profit pregnancy resource center that provides support for single mothers of unplanned or troubling pregnancies. This support includes pregnancy testing,... Read More »

Look at us now

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
November 8, 2011
Filed under Sports

Newspapers have always been flooded with football stories about Countryside, East Lake and Tarpon Springs; needless to say that Palm Harbor has only made minor appearances. Times have changed. This season, PHU has triumphed and made a name for itself, making the Playoffs for the first time in school... Read More »

Powder Puff 2011 Review

Powder Puff 2011 Review

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
October 12, 2011
Filed under Sports

On Monday, Oct.3, a choir of marching cleats could be heard approaching the game field; they were neither the football players, nor the soccer players. They were the proud 2011 Powder Puff players. The senior, junior, sophomore and freshmen teams were warmed up and ready to win a plaque on a legendary... Read More »

Burn baby, burn

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
October 3, 2011
Filed under Opinions

This year’s homecoming theme is Disco; an exhausted, overly played out theme that always seems to at one point and time infect a high school dance.  This virus of theme was able to seep itself onto the ballot of dance themes from which the Student Government chose from. Some people are excited for... Read More »

Can I get a drum roll, please?

Can I get a drum roll, please?

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
September 22, 2011
Filed under Clubs and Organizations

If you've ever stayed after school for any reason, you’ve most likely seen the football players sweating their butts off at practice. What many don’t realize is that they’re not the players on the field. The PHUHS Marching Band practices every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Their practices are... Read More »

Seniors 101

Allison Maldonado-Ruiz, Staff Reporter
September 14, 2011
Filed under News

Seniors who purchased a parking spot will be able to begin PAINTING their spots on Saturday, Jan. 7 between the times of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. Before spots can be painted, a sketch of the design must be approved. For additional information please contact Ms. Elliot in room 5-204 or e-mail... Read More »